Google+ users, have you been getting emails from random sources? With Google's new settings, you soon will!
Never fear, this is simply a result of the deepened integration between Gmail and Google+, and there's a way out.
Due to an automatic setting Google applied to all accounts after the update, all Google+ users are set to be able to receive Gmail from anyone who wants - family and friends, sure, but also complete strangers are able to contact you under their default setting.
Don't worry, you can opt out of this feature easily, or simply set your default to receive email from your Google+ extended circles or circles.
1. Login to your Gmail account
2. Click the "gear icon" and the top right corner of your screen
3. Under "General," look for the setting "Google via Google+"
4. Click the drop-down menu to select the audience you want to have the ability to send you messages through Gmail (Circles, extended circles, no one).
5. Scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"
Questions? Concerns? Send us an email and we'll be happy to help!