Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and web development firm that is committed to serving growing businesses and the political world. Geek specializes in website design & development, as well as inbound marketing - including content writing/creation, search engine optimization, social media, digital communications, and reputation management.
Geek helps clients enrich their brands and grow their audiences. Our clients work across multiple industries, including real estate, architecture, law, politics, financial services, insurance, and home services.
We’re seeking an inspired and talented writer to create online content for our clients in the form of 1000- 1800 word content pieces (articles) for their respective company websites. Dynamic and creative writing styles desired. Candidates should have a familiarity with the major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram). Experience managing paid social media campaigns, pay per click advertising, automated drip campaigns, and landing/squeeze pages is a plus.
This is a position for an entry-level candidate or associate. Previous professional experience is not required, but writing samples are a precursor to an interview. The position will be 16 -20 hours a week initially, with an expectation of growth. The work can be performed remotely with weekly or twice weekly virtual meetings.
Skills and Expertise:
- Dynamic and creative writing to formal and casual audiences. Able to adapt to the voices of our unique clients.
- Basic SEO knowledge is preferred, but not required
- The ability to work independently and remotely, while adhering to a prescribed publishing schedule.
- An ability to learn new subjects and concepts quickly, with a desire to expand your body of knowledge.
- Preferred: Experience with basic web design concepts and semantics.
- Proficiency in MS Office, GSuite (Google Apps Suite), and/or Content Management Systems (CMS - such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience on social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
Geek Chicago team members are hired as 1099 contractors, with assignment deadlines, and management of their own working hours. All staff are invited to twice weekly team meetings (Wednesday and Thursday mornings.) In time, talented staff can expect an opportunity for assignments and working hours to grow (if interested), and an opportunity to become a W2 Geek employee. The Copywriter position pays $14.50 - 16.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. W2 employees are offered health benefits and paid time-off.
Please send your resume and (2-4) digital assets/links in the form below.