Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and web development firm that is committed to helping clients enrich their brands and grow their audiences. Geek specializes in content writing/creation, search engine optimization (SEO), organic and paid social media marketing, digital communications, and reputation management. Our clients work across multiple industries including real estate, architecture, law, politics, financial services, and home services.
Geek Chicago is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Marketing Associate with experience managing organic social media campaigns (paid SMM experience is a bonus.) In this role, you’ll oversee campaigns across multiple clients and work collaboratively to guide the strategy and ensure seamless execution.
In addition to helping build strategy, content ideation, and ensure brand consistency, the Digital Marketing Associate needs to be goal-oriented, an independent thinker, and able to draw on data to suggest relevant initiatives that support our business objectives. This is also a great opportunity to use your passion for analytics along with your creativity to influence and drive our clients’ successful social media advertising efforts.
Candidates with writing skills are highly preferred, especially those with a background in content creation, long-form blog and article writing, or journalism.
This is a position for an entry-level candidate or associate. The position will be 16-32 hours a week initially, with an expectation of growth. Compensation will depend on experience, generally in the $15-16 range. The work can be performed remotely with weekly or twice weekly virtual meetings.
The ways you will make an impact:
- Manage social media channels for a major client across multiple platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Create new strategies to increase engagement and encourage new followership
- Analyze and capture insights from performance metrics to help inform optimization strategy and tactical plans
- Develop great working relationships with clients
- Effectively receive and execute on direction, as well as delegating tasks and responsibilities to team members
Growth opportunities include:
- Develop paid social strategies through innovative approaches to targeting, bidding and messaging
- Create and implement paid social campaigns (e.g. set-up campaigns, QA creative assets, create conversion tags, etc.)
- Manage paid social budgets across campaigns and platforms to ensure optimal pacing
Experience you should bring:
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in paid and organic social media marketing on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Bonus: Experience managing paid social media campaigns, pay-per-click advertising, automated drip campaigns, and landing/squeeze pages is a plus.
Who you are:
- Diligent, detail-oriented and obsessed with accuracy
- Happiest in the weeds but also able to understand the big picture
- A self-starter with a thirst for knowledge
- A curious, analytical, deep thinker
- Extremely organized and able to multitask like a pro
Please send your resume and work samples in the form below.