Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and web development firm that is committed to serving growing businesses and the political world. Geek specialized in website design & development, as well as inbound marketing - including content writing/creation, search engine optimization, social media, digital communications, and reputation management.
Geek helps clients enrich their brands and grow their audiences. Our clients work across multiple industries including real estate, architecture, law, politics, financial services, and home services.
Geek Chicago is seeking a Junior Digital Designer to create brand-focused digital assets for our clients to include: email marketing design, websites, paid media ads, web banners, gifs, social posts, branded decks, and other sales collateral. The candidate will need to have hands-on design experience and needs to be able to look at a brand holistically and provide concepts per the client’s multiple brands.
This is a position for an entry-level candidate or associate. Previous professional experience is not required, but samples of digital assets (newsletters, images, websites) are requested. The position will be 16 -20 hours a week initially, with a potential for growth. Compensation will depend on experience, generally in the $13-15 range. The work can be performed partially remotely with twice weekly virtual meetings.
Who You Are
- A self-starter – you get things done
- Motivated working remotely as well as collaboratively in the office
- Excited for collaboration and implementation of your designs
- Adaptive and creative in problem-solving
- Eager to learn and expand within the company
Your focus within Geek Chicago will be creative and technical. Working with both clients and internal content writers, the responsibilities will be as such:
- Bring solid creative thinking to a variety of campaigns, including a love for the creative process.
- Translate client brand guidelines and marketing strategies into delightful, on-brand digital assets
- Design assets for email, web, media, social and digital display campaigns, etc.
- Have a passion for the details, following agency file management and naming conventions and maintaining version control.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively, with an incredible amount of flexibility and good humor.
- Collaborate with clients and our content writers on the creation of client websites, digital newsletters, infographics, blog imagery, and banner art all the while incorporating creative direction in layouts and design that represent both internal and client branding.
- Understand multiple client brands and nuances, providing digital assets that meet client objectives and user needs, all within client brand guidelines.
- Willingness to develop basic web development skills (HTML, CSS) to improve design compatibility with developers
Skills and Expertise:
- Excellent visual design skills. Strength in establishing visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic manipulation tools.
- Experience creating commercial design assets. Some agency experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, with a desire to expand knowledge into other areas of web design and development
- Capacity to work independently and remotely, while adhering to a prescribed delivery schedule.
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Preferred: Experience with basic web design concepts and semantics. Wordpress or Joomla development is a major bonus.
- Bonus: Animation in After Effects, working knowledge of HTML/CSS
Please send your resume and examples of your work in the form below.