Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and web development firm that is committed to serving growing businesses and the political world. Geek specializes in website design & development, as well as inbound marketing - including content writing/creation, search engine optimization, social media, digital communications, and reputation management.
Geek helps clients enrich their brands and grow their audiences. Our clients work across multiple industries, including real estate, architecture, law, politics, financial services, insurance, and home services.
Geek Chicago is looking for a Design intern with graphic design and/or website design skills who will be responsible for creating great visual assets and/or website designs for our clients. Primary duties include creating, sourcing, and editing images for client landing pages, social media posts, and websites. Responsibilities may include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients' branding.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Experience managing paid social media campaigns, pay per click advertising, automated drip campaigns, and landing/squeeze pages is a plus.
This is a position for an entry-level candidate or associate. Previous professional experience is not required, but work samples are a precursor to an interview. The position will be 12-15 hours a week initially, with the possibility of growth. The work can be performed remotely with weekly or twice weekly virtual meetings.
Skills and Expertise:
- Graphic design skills, specifically website and branding design.
- An ability to learn new subjects and concepts quickly, with a desire to expand your body of knowledge.
- The ability to work independently and remotely, while adhering to a prescribed schedule.
- Preferred: Experience with basic web design concepts and semantics.
- Proficiency with GSuite (Google Apps Suite), and/or Content Management Systems (CMS - such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Basic SEO knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
Geek Chicago team members are hired as 1099 contractors, with assignment deadlines, and management of their own working hours. All staff are invited to weekly team meetings (Wednesday mornings.) In time, talented staff can expect an opportunity for assignments and working hours to grow (if interested), and an opportunity to become a W2 Geek employee. The position pays $12.50 - 13.50 per hour, commensurate with experience. W2 employees are offered health benefits and paid time-off.
Please send your resume and (2-4) digital assets/links in the form below.